Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tori's Testimony

I think that there are few things in this life sweeter than watching your child develop his or her own testimony of the Gospel. Today, after church, I asked Tori to return some items to Jesica that she had left here. Tori came home a few minutes later to relate the following experience:

"Mom, guess what? I was riding my bike home from Gavin's (which means "across the parking lot" since we live in the same apartment complex), and I was riding with my eyes closed (don't ask me why...I'm still not sure even after she tried to explain it to me). I was riding, and then I felt the Holy Ghost really strong tell me to open my eyes right now, and I did, and I was this close (she indicated about 8 inches with her hands) from crashing into the garage!"

She told me that she quickly turned her bike away from the garage to avoid crashing, and was very excited because she had recognized her first prompting from the Holy Ghost. She was so excited that she had to go tell Gavin and Ryan and then several of our neighbors! How cute is that? The rest of the Primary presidency came to my house a few minutes later and she had to tell them about it as well. Melenie suggested to her that she should share that at the next fast and testimony meeting, and she seems excited about that idea. I found her writing this in her journal tonight:




During family prayer tonight I expressed how grateful we were that Heavenly Father sent the Holy Ghost to prompt Tori so that she could open her eyes, and thanked Him for her safety. I am so thankful for the Gospel and for the faith of my seven-year-old daughter.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! I can't believe Tori is 7!! Marilyn

Niki said...

I LOVE those experiences that mean so much to kids and you know that they know what happened. Nothing sweeter!
On a more superficial level--Tori has the best handwriting!! And she said well instead of good. Karmin said that she did something well last week (instead of good) and I had a moment of pride (well, I guess it was longer than a moment since I'm still bragging about it). You are doing a great job teaching your kiddos!

Michelle said...

That is the sweetest thing.