Thursday, February 4, 2010

Baby's First Prayer

Aaron's been obsessed lately with having a turn saying prayers at meals and for family prayer. Today at lunch, he was begging for it to be his turn, so I said, "Okay, say it," and just waited for him to start, figuring I would help him as needed. He got through the whole thing all by himself...it went something like this:

"Heavenly Father, thankee (thank thee) for the food, for Mommy and Daddy, and Tori, and Gavin, and Aunt Cu-Cuh, and Unka Jeff (no mention of Ryan...hmmm....), Please bless it, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

All of this was said with eyes closed, head bowed, and arms folded (yes...I was peeking!). He was so proud of himself, and happily announced, "I did it!" when he was done. I love my baby boy! He is so stinkin' cute!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

That is so sweet. I love it when they start praying. Now Noah will barely let us say a prayer.