Aaron seemed to be content playing with some toys, and Tori was playing in the tub, so I found myself with a rare moment of peace. It didn’t last long, and after a minute Tori was standing next to me, dripping wet with her swimming goggles on her head, begging me to come watch her “dive” in the tub (this consists of watching her go under water with her goggles on and counting how long she can hold her breath). I told her to go get back in the tub and that I would be in to watch her in a minute.
I turned around to quickly finish the e-mail, and had just got it sent when I heard Tori in the bathroom yell, “Aaron!” followed by giggles, a splash, and then Tori calling, “M-O-M!” I ran into the bathroom and found this:
He then had the nerve to smile and look very proud of himself:
At first I wanted to scream and cry at the same time. It had been a particularly trying day and I was so tired and just wanted to get the kids in bed so that I could have some peace and quiet. Now I had to start all over again! After a moment of deep breathing, I was able to see the humor in the situation long enough to laugh and take a picture. I realized that Tori had not closed the door again after she got out of the bath, and that it was too big of a temptation for Aaron to resist, since splashing in the bath and Tori are two of his very favorite things in the whole world! I realized that I was just very lucky that he had not been hurt and that Tori pulled him out of the water quickly.
There is never a dull moment with young children!
Here’s a picture of Tori with her goggles. She lost her old ones, so I bought her some new ones and she wore them around the house for almost a whole day! She can be so strange! Now the goggles are only used for swimming and for her diving sessions, thankfully!
1 comment:
Aaron rocks. I can't help but laugh when I picture you walking into the bathroom and seeing this. =)
Post a Comment