Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Visit With The VanHoutens

We had a great surprise this week when we found out that our great friends, Taylor and Katie VanHouten, were going to be in Seattle and wanted to come by for a visit. We haven't seen them in years, and it was so fun to catch up. You know that friends are great ones when you can go years without talking and then pick up just as if no time has passed. Todd grew up with Taylor, and Katie and I got to be one of my closest friends while we were at BYU in Provo. Every time I see Taylor, I think about one of the first times I met him. I was in Spokane visiting Todd during our engagement, and I was just heading out the door to drive back to Seattle. Just as I was leaving, Taylor came barging in, announcing, "Hey, Todd, I got some dynamite...want to go set it off with me up on the mountain?" I remember being appalled that I wasn't even sealed to Todd yet, and that he was going to die! At any rate, it was wonderful to see Taylor and Katie again!

No comments: