Friday, December 7, 2012

Nephite Sheath Dress

Just had to do a quick post about life in the real world of parenting. Tori has an Activity Days production where she has to dress up like a Nephite, and my friend Tanya Smith and I decided to tackle the sewing project together, thinking that surely it couldn't be too difficult to make a simple dress with a sash around the waist.  I look at all of the creative things that other mothers seem to whip out, and I thought that I could at least handle this, right??  After an afternoon of work, this is what we came up with:






















Yes, apparently the Nephites wore sheath dresses.  Isn't it lovely??  I'm thinking we can save it for Senior Prom.  Just by her face, you can tell she'd love that!

So I took the leftover sheet and threw it over her, cut a hole for the head and wrapped the sash around her waist.



It's still no work of art, but she seems happier with it and at least she can walk in this one!  I'm probably going to raid Mom's scraps for some fabric in a contrasting color so you can at least see the sash.  Real life, people.  I'm telling you, it's not always perfect.  But it works!




No comments: