Sunday, January 18, 2009

Oh, boy!

So the other night I was watching the American Idol auditions, and Tori was watching with me for a minute while she was getting into her pajamas. As she was watching, this guy came on:




What you can't see from this picture (and I couldn't find one online that showed it completely) is that his hair is in some sort of asymmetrical mow hawk. Tori saw him and asked, "Mom, why does he have pink hair?" I told her that some people like to have different colored hair, and that he wanted his to be pink. "Crazy, huh?" I asked her. "Yeah, that's crazy," she agreed...then a couple of seconds later she added, "I would marry him." I just about died! I asked her why she would want to marry him, and she easily answered, "because he looks cool!" I laughed and promptly told Todd that we might be in for some fun experiences when she starts dating!

To add to her fascination with Mr. Mow Hawk, we were driving in the car a few days later, and an alternative rock/punk song came on. She promptly said, "I love this song!" and proceeded to bang her hands like she was holding drumsticks and playing the drums, and alternating that with strumming frantically on an air guitar. She proudly announced, "Look Mom, I'm rocking out!" Wow. That's all I have to say about that!

5 comments:

Laura Jex said...

oh man! Youre in trouble!

Its nice to see you and your family are doing so well!

Niki said...

Good luck with that one!

Becca & Joel said...

Well, at least she is honest about her reasoning! And it's also a plus that she's willing to tell her mom about the reasons behind her preferences! ; ) PS - I don't have g-mail and I'm still able to access your blog - just FYI

Cori said...

IT looks like yo are gonna have some fun teenage years!!! Hope things are going good for you guys!! miss you

Michelle said...

Is this the same Tori I know?

That is really funny!